Please be in urgent prayer for us! April 25, 2015
It is in regards to our timing to return to PNG. We have been letting people know that our return would be either in August or January depending on the progress of the orthodontia (braces) on Joel’s teeth. We have heard from the orthodontist today and they have said that they would be able to make his teeth really good by October, but they would ok ~ ~ by July. Ultimately the choice is up to us as parents. Both Joel and Grace would love to be back in PNG for the school they go to. The main reason is to not be behind in the schoolwork. Should we opt to stay in the USA till January it would affect the grades of our kids. The school years don’t mesh well be the present school they go to as their mid-year test fall in January in the USA but in PNG they would be in December.
So the big choice is do we want to risk Joel’s teeth having potential problems down the road with wear and comfort by us leaving in July? We do not want to be irresponsible parents with that. On the other hand his teeth have progressed nicely and are looking well. Should we stay till January it could have or will have an effect on their high school grades and year by missing some of the testing and the classes not really meshing well.
If you can make sense of this will you pray for us? The other major item with this is that we have air miles we are hoping to use for tickets to return to PNG. At present there is only one flight available for us to get seats on at the correct time should we decide to depart in August and nothing available in December or January.
Thank you for your struggling with us in prayer. You are so valued in our lives.
I have also added a short update from some of our coworkers church planting in the Mibu village and it is so exciting to see the local Bible teachers taking up the mantle and church planting themselves in another village. If you have time please read their update.
Aaron, Erika, Joel and Grace