We began this crazy long road trip from our home base in Touchet, WA for two purposes: to visit current supporters and to raise more support. We began our road trip the end of May. Our first stop was in Elk, WA. We reconnected with some friends that we have known for several years now and had a great time with them and their kids! (below)
Then we went a little further east to Post Falls, ID and visited an old family friend and her family. She has actually known Caleb since he was born and was a missionary in Mexico as well! (below)
Our next stop took us across Montana and North Dakota to the west side of Minnesota where we visited another family who served as missionaries in Mexico as well! (below)
We shot across the rest of that state and into Wisconsin where we visited our longest supporting church and some of Emily’s family members! (below)
After a wonderful week with them, we went south where we visited another missionary family who are like family to Caleb because they raised their kids out in the tribe with Caleb and his siblings. We got to share our ministry with them and their friends and family one evening. (below)
We then skirted around Lake Michigan and stopped in Spring Lake, MI. This is where we helped out at a VBS, shared our ministry with them on Sunday, and got to stay in an old farm house on a beautiful piece of land with the sweetest family for a week! (2 images below)
After that, we headed east a little bit further to Jackson, MI. We met at Bible School there 5 years ago and visited the church we attended for those 2 years. It was so encouraging to see this church family again! We were incredibly blessed to share our ministry and fellowship with them again! (below)
While we were in Michigan, we were also able to visit some dear friends who we went through the Missionary Training center with!
We also got to visit these lovely families who we also got close with through the training and linguistics course! Each of our families had a new addition to introduce to each other!
AND we got to see this sweet family who we are also very close with due to our time in the training! I know, I know…lots of friends in Michigan! We loved seeing them all!
While we were in Jackson, MI, we stayed with Caleb’s aunt and uncle 🙂
We headed south east some more till we made it to Bluffton, OH. This is where Caleb’s grandparents and other extended family are from. They put together a family reunion, of sorts, and we got to visit with family that we haven’t seen in years. (2 images below)
After that, we headed south to Missouri where we were able to celebrate the 4th of July with Caleb’s siblings and their families before we continued on to Memphis, TN. Caleb helped out with another VBS and we got to visit two churches. We stayed with two amazing families and made such sweet friends while we were there! (4 images below)
After a week full of fun and friends we were able to drive back up to Missouri where we got to spend a week with Caleb’s parents and other family. It was so sweet to see them all and catch up! (below)
Then, we started the journey westward and shot across the U.S. in 4 days. The first stop was with Caleb’s cousins in Kansas City, MO. We are so thankful we got to see them! (below)
Then we went to Colorado Springs, CO. We had a meeting with 2 missions pastors at a church there. One of which was actually Caleb’s teacher when he was a kid attending school down in Chihuahua, Mexico! We stayed with an amazing missions-minded family and really enjoyed getting to know them! (below)
We headed to Moab, Utah after that. We saw Arches National Park the next morning (a must see!) before heading north to Soda Springs, ID where we stayed with some family friends for the weekend. They worked in Mexico as well and Caleb has known them for years! We shared with their church and enjoyed their fellowship 🙂 (below)
We finally made it home on Monday morning! We were on the road from May 31st through July 29th!! Craziness! BUT the Lord sustained us and we wouldn’t trade a single moment of it for anything! The people along the way (all of YOU!) were well worth the time spent traveling to get to see you! We love you, we value you, we pray for you. Thank you for sharing this journey with us! (below)
We know who 40% of who our team members are (church planting co-laborers!) and we are still seeking those who will make up the remaining 60%!
If the Lord is prompting YOU to join, let us know!
To give: go to the Give tab on our Blog Menu.
THANK YOU to all who made this trip amazing!! To those who hosted us and those who gave us gas money along the way! To those who prayed for us and visited with us!