Thank you so much for your prayers for our language and culture evaluation. They went as well as any test/ evaluation can go. We were nervous but the Lord allowed us to show what we can do in the language. We apologize for taking so long to share the results. I created a chart to help you see the big picture and where we are at in light of that.
These are the levels of language and culture proficiency. There are the four main levels, the top titles on the chart, and then inside of each of the levels is a low, mid, high. These are the sublevels within the broader level. Capable is the level that we are required to reach before we can check out of the program and move towards working in an unreached people group in Mexico. The pink circle is where Emily was placed. This is exciting and I am so proud of her faithfulness in learning this language. She has been studying for 6 months and she progressed all the way to the middle of the progressing level. Praise the Lord for her progress. I was placed at capable low, the blue circle. I am thankful to see growth since my last evaluation. I was placed in progressing high 6 months ago so to see growth is encouraging. I am required to reach the capable mid level and Emily is required to reach the capable low level. Thank you all so much for you prayers as we continue in language study.
- Continued encouragement and faithfulness as we continue in langauge study.
- Praise that we have made such good progress even amidst COVID
- Pray that we would be able to teach and disciple our children as we balance ministry and family
- Pray for our co-workers who arrived about two months ago and are just getting started into this process.
- Praise for our Team, each of you who pray and support our ministry!
In Christ’s Love,
Caleb, Emily, Deslianne and Cohen