Moving to a new country I’ve never been to. Still don’t know where we’ll be living. Haven’t met anybody in person that lives in the town we’ll be living in.
“It’s an adventure!” I say to myself. “It’ll be fun!” I say, as I try to muster up enthusiasm in myself.
While thinking of it as an exciting new phase, does help some, the truth of the matter is, that ain’t gonna keep me going long term.
- I don’t like not knowing what to expect.
- I don’t feel comfortable when I can’t understand the language around me (we’ll be around French, but also another trade language we don’t understand yet).
- I worry over things and let them eat away at me.
- I’m more likely to react with impatience if I’m under stress.
- After all the moving I’ve done in my life, somehow I still stink at packing.
- When there’s a lot to do, I have a hard time prioritizing.
Why am I telling you all this? Because those are a few of my weaknesses. As I was reading 2 Corinthians 11 recently I was reminded of how God’s strength is made perfect in weakness. So guess what that means? All my weaknesses being highlighted, that means it’s a great opportunity for God’s strength and power to shine through!
Let me boast in my weaknesses, for in my weakness God’s strength is enough! No matter how much adventure I feel like (or don’t feel like), God’s strength keeps me going.