A lot goes into preparing to head back to West Africa. We have to make sure we’re ready in all realms.
- Passports, visas, and other paperwork all up to date?
- Up to date on required vaccines?
- Clean bill of health from the doctor?
- Do we have all the necessary books for homeschooling the kids?
- Have we purchased all the items we want to take with us?
And the list goes on. We do all of thoes things to help us work more efficiently, to be physical prepared to face more strenous situations, to be able to serve better.
However as I’ve pondered what I can do to prepare myself to serve my family, co-workers, and neighbors better I’ve come to a conclusion.
I need time with God.
I’ve used many excuses.
- When life gets busy it’s easy to say, “What’s one day of not reading my Bible?” (said multilple days in a row).
- When I’m tired, it’s easy to procrastinate on pulling out my Bible.
- When I’m just not feeling it, it can be easier to turn to mindless Pinterest rather than God’s Word.
- When there’s work to be done, it can be easy to do that first and maybe never end up getting back to the Bible.
When I do make time with God a priority I start to notice things.
- The more I’m in the Bible, the more I realize how much I still have to learn.
- The more I start praying, the more I realize how much needs to be given to God.
- The more I start writing down my blessings, the more amazed I am at all Go has given me.
As we head back could I ask you to pray for us, that we will be faithful to make time with God a priority and that we will stay connected and clinging to the Vine? I need the reminders of who God says I am. I need the truth that tells me what God (not others or myself) is asking of me. I need the stories of how God has been faithful through the ages to remind me He will keep being faithful. I need time with my God, my life depends on it.
God’s creation shouts His praises in the big Texas sky!