Yup, I’m thankful for my sprained ankle!
This morning I was excited to be watching my friends’ kids, which meant spending the day playing.Within an hour of being there I was running and stepped on a rock which in turn had me rolling on the ground in agony. Now, I may be a wimp, but I think the pain was amplified by one key thought – I have to be on a plane and trekking through airports in 5 weeks!!! I didn’t really care if it was broken or needed surgery – so long as I could be on that plane!!!
Honestly, there are lots of reasons to be thankful.
– The weather is beautiful and we were playing outside 🙂
– I have health insurance
– I have a legitimate excuse not to run for a week
– My mom was so kind to take me right to urgent care and get it X-rayed
– It is ONLY a minor sprain!
– I now have the experience of having a sprained ankle (weird, I know, but I really am excited about it)
– I have five weeks before I leave rather than five days
– God’s timing is always perfect
The only annoying element is the fact that I didn’t get to play with the kids much. 🙁 Their dad kindly came home so I could leave and get my ankle checked right away. We’ll see how long it is before they ask me to watch their kids again. 🙂