Truthfully, I am blessed by how much is available here! I am so thankful for all that I can buy and for the convenience of having a store nearby that is more or less the equivalent of any grocery store in the U.S. My local super market is called Super 6.
Now for the nitty gritty details.
– Not everything that is available is affordable, but sometimes I just buy those American luxuries anyways…
– I also love fruit and seasonal fruit is crazy cheap. I’ve bought mandarins for 6 cents apiece and bananas for less than 4 cents each.
– Packaging is quite naturally in Spanish – often only Spanish. I’ve asked for help, but sometimes I just buy things…
– Everything comes in bags including spices, milk, yogurt, etc.
– There are often many size options and I love the miniature options. I can buy multiple brands to figure out what I like without wasting money or taste buds on less desirable products
So here are some pictures to explain things a little better.
Any idea what this is? It is a mix to which you add water and make a filling/frosting for cakes and pastries. I was trying to buy powdered sugar but will certainly find a use for this too 🙂
Bags, bags, bags… vanilla powder, cinnamon, yogurt, milk, baking powder…
Options in small packages is a great help during the trial and error phase 😉