Dear friends and family,
This past Friday, Ashley joined 27 other students at Valley Union High School as they received their high school diplomas.
We were blessed to be able to have so many family members and friends join us for the occasion.
As I write, we have mixed feelings. On the one hand, we are very proud of how well Ashley has done in school, graduating salutatorian of her class. However, we also realize her graduation marks a milestone and that her time with us ‘full-time’ at home is rapidly coming to a close. A few years ago, Ashley became interested in attending Liberty University in Virginia one day. Now, with some substantial grants and scholarships from Liberty as well as a few local scholarships she’s won and gifts from friends and family, we can say that Ashley will be attending Liberty this fall.
Join us in praising God for:
- Ashley’s successful completion of high school
- a wonderful time with family at her graduation
- financial provision enabling Ashley to enroll at Liberty University
And, please pray for:
- Ashley as she seeks for a summer job
- additional scholarships to make her college education more affordable for us
- us as we help her to prepare for life more ‘on her own’
- for Ashley’s continued growth into the young woman God wants her to be
Lastly, for those of you who are wondering, yes, we are starting to feel old…er :).