Quote of the week:
“The Blesser sends trials because the trials are blessings. Most covet the “blessing” of having the trial removed. The Lord knows the nature of the obstacle in me which He has to overcome: a less efficient hand might think that it could be dealt with in some other way.”
Thank you for your prayers this week. It has been a very busy week getting ready for all of these families coming in. I have had some good “training sessions” with my new classroom helper. He has done very well. Thursday through Sunday we have had 4 new families and 2 new singles arrive! Things are really ramping up!
Here’s some specific things you can be praying for this week. As always, thank you so much for lifting us up before the Lord.
David and Robin Watters
- Pray for all of these new arrivals. We have to start orientation on Monday morning. Pray they will get over jetlag, and get the rest they need to be ready to start class on Monday.
- Pray for wisdom for us to be able to really shepherd these folks through this transition. There is a lot to adjust to. Lots for them to learn. So many difference both in the PNG culture, but also adjusting to life in the missionary community.
- Pray for my new classroom helper. His name is Smith. Pray he picks things up quickly and that he will be able to do well in the classroom.
- Pray for Aute that I will be able to make time to spend with him and do some discipleship with him.
- This week, Robin will be responsible for providing childcare for 12 kids 9 months to 8 years old. Pray for her as she blesses these families by watching their kids so they can be in class.
- Pray specifically for the teachers. I will only have them for 4 days, then they have to get into orientation and prep for school. Some of them have already expressed that they would really like to learn the language. Pray for wisdom for how to help them with that.
Tomorrow morning we will be off and running. We have 17 people with us for the first 4 days. But, Friday, the school personnel will be leaving us and jumping into preparation for their school year. One of our challenges will be figuring out how to engage with them as they carry a full teaching load etc.
This week we will be covering all the general information. They will meet our leaders, hear from each of the departments, fill out paperwork, get their new email addresses, get a security briefing etc etc. We will be providing childcare so that both husband and wife will be able to attend. Between the 6 families, there are 23 children. 12 of them are 8 years or younger. So, Robin will have her hands full this week managing childcare for the kids.
Once we get through this week we will slowly get into language and culture study. But, we will also spend some time focusing on relationship skills and member care issues to prepare them for what they will be facing.
It’s going to be a busy couple weeks for all.
As always, thanks so much for your faithful prayers and your faithful support. We couldn’t be doing this important ministry without you guys behind us! Thank you!
David and Robin Watters