Dear faithful partners,
Thank you so much for sticking with us and continuing to pray with us as we have been “on hold” for this time of Covid. We are so excited to finally be moving toward returning. We did find out this week that our flight is delayed for a week. So, we will have one more week with our grandbaby. Here are some specific things you can be praying for us this week.
As always, thank you so much for your partnership through prayer and your faithful financial support.
David and Robin
- We are on the road, heading to PA. Pray for safety as we travel. We have a few items to drop off to be packed into a container heading to PNG. We will return to Michigan on Monday.
- Continue to pray for Emily and the baby. Pray the baby will come soon! And the delivery will be smooth.
- Pray for our PNG clearances. We applied for clearance to enter PNG on the humanitarian flight. We can’t book our tickets until we have this clearance from PNG. Pray it comes through quickly so we can work on our tickets.
- Continue to pray for reasonably priced tickets.
- Praise the Lord for the 64 people who were able to return / arrive in PNG last week (6 of them were new families we will be working with.)
- Pray for these families as they settle in and begin their adjustments.
This was Robin and I’s last week of work, but it was a long one. We started with week working at a “construction clean.” Basically we go in after the construction workers are finished building and clean up their mess. This was a new county jail in Alpena Michigan. So, we got to spend 3 days in jail this week. Actually, one of the days, while I was talking with a pastor, my boss locked me in a cell… on purpose I think. It was comical to tell the pastor that I was locked in jail, when he asked where I was.
It has been nice to have the extra income to be able to help out our adult children with some needs they have had. But, it’s also nice to be done working and be able to focus on getting ready to head to PNG. We have lots of packing, cleaning, and sorting to do in the next couple weeks.