Thank you for your continued prayers for us this week. It was very sad to read of the passing of our friend Phil Jansma. While we know God has everything under control, it’s hard to see this happen. Please continue to pray for his wife and 12 children, and their coworkers in Brazil.
Our time to leave is getting closer. Things are starting to ramp up for ministry. The orientation families will be finishing up their quarantine in the next couple days, and begin their Field Orientation for 2 weeks. After which they will move to the coast and begin their orientation for church planting. We will be trying to keep up with what they are doing from afar, so when we get on the ground there, we won’t be too far behind.
Grandbaby Watters has not decided to make an appearance yet. Pray she decides to come soon so we will have some time with baby and parents before we leave.
Well, before I get carried away, let me give you some specific things to pray for.
- Praise! We have our acceptance / clearance into the country. So, we can now move forward in booking our tickets. Lord willing we’ll have our tickets booked in the next couple days.
- There is still a mountain of paperwork to fill out. (16 pages of forms and documents etc that we need to fill out and take with us.)
- There will be lots for us to catch up when we get back there. Pray for our transition that we will learn quickly and be a blessing and a help to the team there.
- Pray for a negative Covid test when we take it. We will be getting tested on the 17th of February
- Continue to pray for Emily and the pregnancy / delivery. Pray for a smooth, uncomplicated delivery.
Since Emily finished working on Friday, and the baby is due today, Andrew also has a lighter work week. So, we have enjoyed some extra time with the two of them the last couple days.
Robin was able to take Emily shopping and I got to hangout and play a game with Andrew. It has been nice.
Last weekend we had a nice trip out to PA. We had a short visit with the couple that handles shipping stuff to PNG for us. It was an encouraging visit and we were glad to be able to bless them.
This coming week the big thing is getting our tickets and travel arrangements figured out, and we have a couple meetings with the team over there via Zoom, keeping us in the loop of what the plan is. And of course the baby. It’d be nice to see her come this week.
We have enjoyed the churches we have been able to see in the last couple months. But, there are many of you that we have missed. We would like to invite any of you who would be interested to join us on Zoom. We will share a short 20-30 minute update of our ministry, then take questions for those who have questions. We have about 40 minutes on the free version of zoom.
We will be doing our Zoom presentations the next 2 Thursday nights at 8 PM. That is Thursday February 4 and Thursday February 11. At 8:00 PM.
Here is a link to the zoom meeting if you would like to join:
If you would like an invite personally, let me know. Also, if you are planning to attend, let us know which one you are thinking of attending.
Thank you so much for your support. We look forward to catching up with some of you on Zoom.
David and Robin Watters