Dear faithful prayer partners,
It’s been a fun week. We have enjoyed seeing our baby grand daughter. She is now 5 days old. We are so thankful God allowed us to be here to witness the miracle of life. We are so excited for Andrew and Emily. Once Noah held the baby, he said, “OK, we can have our own now.” They have to wait a few more months. But we are excited for all of them.
Well, the days are counting down. We are 7 days from departure. We will be leaving a week from tomorrow! Thank you for continuing to pray for us and for our kids. Here’s some things you can be praying for this week.
Thank you so much for your continued partnership with us through prayer. We are so glad to have you on our team.
David and Robin Watters
- Thursday we will go for our Covid Test. Please pray the results come back quickly and that they are negative!
- Pray for Caleb as he travels home from Wisconsin on Friday. He is coming over to see us off.
- Pray for good weather on Sunday, both here and in Chicago. We really can’t afford to have delays that cause us to miss that connection in Malaysia. We don’t know when another flight will be available.
- Praise the Lord for a great week of learning at the Biblical Counseling Training Conference this week. Check out my comments about that in the News Column.
- Pray for all the last minute details. Finalizing our packing. Pray we can fit everything in our luggage. Last in person meetings for the people I am coaching. Pray we can work out electronic ways to continue to grow together.
- Pray for wisdom for me, for how to assimilate the more than 40 hours of material I learned this week.
This was an amazing week of learning. The name of the conference was the Biblical Counseling Training Conference (BCTC) hosted by Faith church in Layfette Indiana. I can’t begin to describe all that I learned this week.
One of the biggest things that I recognized in myself was how low a view I had of the authority of God’s Word. That almost seems hypocritical coming from me, a missionary who makes his living by teaching and promoting God’s Word. What do you mean I had a low view of God’s Word. Well, when God tells us in 2 Peter 1:3 that He has given us EVERYTHING for life and Godliness through our knowledge of God, and that knowledge comes from the Bible, do I really believe God has given us all the answers in the Bible? God describes, in the Bible, why we do what we do, and how to change that.
I am looking forward to continuing to grown in taking God at His Word, and applying it more faithfully to the situations in my life.