Sorry it’s been a few weeks since I have written. It’s been a crazy couple weeks trying to get settled into life and ministry… and to add to that, the internet here is really bad. Part of the purpose of this program is to prepare our new families for life in the bush, isolated, and on their own. But, I was not expecting to have to face that myself.
Anyway, let me give you some things you can be praying for this week.
- Caleb is off to Wayumi for his Spring Break. He wrote to say he was just leaving as I started this letter. Pray for safety for him as he travels, and for a great experience at Wayumi (Missions Exposure retreat) this week.
- We have been in “lockdown” for almost a week now. We have a couple people who have cold symptoms. Pray they have nothing more, and that their symptoms go away so they can resume classes.
- With being the current restrictions in place, none of our classroom teachers are able to come, so we are trying to do classes remotely. But, with the poor internet, it’s going to be challenging. Pray for the logistics needed to maintain some classes while we are restricted.
- Pray that things will settle down in the country and that this won’t affect the church planting effort too significantly.
- We are beginning to correspond with the next group of students. Their arrival is only 2 months away. Pray things will open up so they will be able to arrive on schedule.
We have been so busy trying to get our house set up, and figuring life and ministry out, that we haven’t had much opportunity to get out in the community with the students. But, on Wednesday, one of the guys organized who ever wanted to go and visit an old WW2 plane that is a few miles from here.
It was fun to see the plane again.
It doesn’t look near as nice as it did in 2004 mind you, not that it looked at that great back then.
But, here we are at the same plane in March 2021.