Dear faithful prayer partners,
We continue to struggle with the slow internet. So, please accept our apology for the lack of consistent updates. The past few weeks have been pretty crazy trying to get into a routine and making time to meet one on one with the 10 families we are responsible for. We are getting there.
Just as we are beginning to feel like we have a routine, Covid has kicked in and is making us do more adjusting. Due to the increased numbers of people being tested, and the fact that there is a health clinic just a few miles from us that is doing testing, we are pretty sure there are positive cases in our surrounding community.
Because our orientee students interact closely with people in our local community for language and culture study for long periods at a time, we have been encouraged to limit those kinds of interactions. Which has meant coming up with a select number of “approved” people that they can work with, and having them come to us, instead of our students going “outside” to them. Needless to say this is making the logistics much more challenging.
With that in mind, here’s some things you can be praying for:
- Pray for good attitudes and resting in the Lord for the circumstances we are in.
- Pray for creativity and wisdom for how to make the best of the time and situation for the students.
- Continue to pray for the covid situation here that things will calm down so we can continue to program.
- Pray for wisdom regarding the next group coming. They are due to arrive May 19. A decision will need to be made in the coming week whether we will be moving ahead with that or not.
- Praise the Lord with us that we were able to get an exemption for our mission personnel to travel between province for “essential business.” Which means we can get some teachers down here to help our students in the coming weeks.
- Pray for someone to host Caleb for the summer.
Because our students aren’t able to get out in the community, we have been able to “do church” together. That’s been a nice blessing. Normally they would be out in different PNG churches, in order to experience what PNG church is like. But, since they can’t go out, David has enjoyed the opportunity to teach. This week he taught on John 2:12-22. His message was based on the Bible Study he posted this week. Check it out here. 08 How Does God Act When He is Angry?
Our kids are all doing well. Andrew finishes up his school term this coming week. Caleb will finish soon as well. They will be all together in Michigan for the summer. Caleb had an opportunity to stay with a friend this summer. But, decided he would like to be with his siblings. But, that means he is going to need a place to stay for the summer. Pray the Lord will provide a host for him.