- 2 Chron 33:12-13 (after being taken prisoner by Assyria) Manasseh sought the Lord and sincerely humbled himself… and when he prayed, the Lord listened to him and was moved by his request. So the Lord brought Manasseh back to Jerusalem. Then Manasseh finally realized that the Lord ALONE is God!
- Ps 75:1 We thank you, O God! We give thanks because you are near. People everywhere tell of your wonderful deeds
- 2 Cor 4:6-7 For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we COULD KNOW the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. (7) We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.
In the Gospel of John, Jesus is our example of light. John 1:18 John reminds us that no one has ever seen God, but Jesus came to reveal Him to us. He was the light shining in the darkness. He revealed the glory of God in living color. And now, that same light is in us, just like He promised (John 14:17) We now have the privilege to do the same thing Jesus did, while He was here. We have the honor to display the glory of God to all those who witness our lives! (1 John 4:12) “We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.” (2 Cor 4:7)
It reminded me of the old gas lanterns. The ones who had a fragile wick encased in fragile glass. The light was shining on the inside of the glass, but it was providing light to everyone around it. “He has made this light to shine in our hearts… we now HAVE the light in our hearts…” and it’s shining out of our hearts for all to see.
Psalm 75:1 “We thank you, O God because you are near.” He is more than near, He in us! And because His life is in us, He will use your hands and feet and mouth to display what He is like. And “People everywhere will be able to tell of your wonderful works.” (Ps 75:1b) It’s not by our great might, but it’s the power of God flowing through us (2 Cor 4:7b)
- I pray today that you will display the glory of God in what you say and do today. Just like a lantern shining in the darkness, that people will be drawn to THE LIGHT through your life.
- I pray that you will not be like Manasseh whom God had to send into captivity in order for him to remember that the Lord ALONE is God. That you will keep yourself from idols (1 John 5:21)