Verses for the week
Lam 3:21 I dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends. His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning.
It was a difficult week for our youngest son Caleb. If any of you saw the news reports coming out of Waukesha Wisconsin this week, you will know why. It was a terrible thing. Our son, several of the Bible School staff, and a number of students were all at the parade when a man drove his SUV into the crowd. 6 have died, and over 60 were injured! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waukesha_parade_attack) We have been praying for the victims, and all those who witnessed this terrible event. It was pretty difficult for our son being so close to it. Please be praying for him and his classmates, and the school staff for how to respond in the aftermath of this event.
- Pray for Waukesha, that God will be glorified, even through this terrible tragedy.
- Continue to pray for our preparation for our next group of orientees coming. We are scheduled to get things kicked off around the 20th of January.
- Pray for the 3 families and 3 singles as they prepare to come. Pray specifically for Murphy’s visa paperwork to come through.
- This week is our anniversary, so we are going to try and get away for a couple days. Pray we can relax, even though we know we still have a lot to do to get ready for this next group.
- We have one final meeting with the Weaver family before they head to their next assignment. Pray we finish well with them this week.
We had a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving this week complete with a Thanksgiving Football game from 1995! Unfortunately, one of our families, the wife had to fly up to the dentist last minute, so she was not with us. She was in a lot of pain, and it was neat how God worked it out for a plane to be here so she could go. It was a non-scheduled overnight, due to weather. Not scheduled for our flight coordinator, but just what God, the great physician, ordered for Marcy, so she could get her tooth fixed! Thank you God!
The day after Thanksgiving Robin and I put up our Christmas tree and decorated the house for Christmas. It was a weird feeling this year. This was the first time we have decorated for Christmas without at least one of our kids with us. But, it was so nice to be able to talk with them and see them through video at least.