Many of you have been praying for us as we have been searching for a house. In December, we signed a contract on a house that was in foreclosure, and we waited three more months to hear from the bank holding the mortgage. On March 18 (Dean’s birthday), we got a call from our realtor saying that our offer was accepted! Our rental lease expired at the end of March and the closing [purchase date] wasn’t until April 19, so we were able to stay at an apartment for three weeks until closing. We were able to move in on April 20th, just in time for Tuti’s birthday!
The couple who was selling the house wanted to sell it to another family. Of the many offers (some much higher than ours), we were the only family to bid and our offer was accepted!
Our offering price was accepted, $25,000 below market value! Normally a bank will counter-offer, but they accepted our first price. Our realtor said this was unheard of, that we have truly seen a miracle!
God provided an apartment to stay in while we waited for closing.
Our youth group helped with moving.
We were given bunk beds, dressers, desk, beds, furnishings, housewares…
Our bank did a fantastic job with the mortgage:
- The loan application fee was waived.
- No appraisal fee.
- The interest rate went up after we applied for the loan, but the bank guaranteed the rate that we were given when we applied.
- They had all the paperwork finished quickly and ahead of schedule.
The closing costs came in way lower than expected:
- The sale processing fee was paid for by our realtor.
- We received $1,275 seller’s credit for the transfer fees.
- Our home is way beyond anything that we had hoped for!