The kids have been adjusting very well. They seem to really like it here and have tons of fun watching the planes and helicopters fly over the house. They have even had the opportunity to each take a ride in NTMA’s new R66 helicopter! When they are not playing in our large grass yard, they are over at the playground which we can see from our kitchen window. While we have greatly missed Spokane’s beautiful seasons, we are thankful for the weather here that has allowed us to have so much outside time!
Part of our nine month internship is flight training for Frank. There are about 40 flights he will complete in order to get him flying “like a New Tribes pilot”. He has only 3 flights remaining! Many of the flights have been pretty intense but it is great preparation for the field – and Frank has enjoyed the challenges. For Jacklyn and the kids, it is only a two minute walk from our house to the airport hangar to watch him practice. Or, on days when they can’t go, they often see him fly right over the house! It has been such a joy to watch and be a part of his flight training in that way. The boys have absolutely loved it!
3 day Long Cross-Country (aka, Flight Trip)
So many things here have been wonderful and we are thankful to the Lord for where we are at this year. At the same time, we have had some “not so fun” things come our way and we have been fighting discouragement at times. Would you pray with us that we can press on and look to the Lord for the strength that only He can give? Thank you! Your prayers mean so much to us.
Here are a few additional ways you can be praying:
- God has helped us through the transitions and the kids have settled wonderfully!
- We have felt very blessed to be only three hours away from Jacklyn’s family and we have been able to take advantage of the opportunity to spend great time with them before we leave the country.
- Frank’s flight training is going great!
- Pray that Frank finishes strong in his final three flights! (For clarification: We are still expecting to be here through May as originally planned, but Frank will now be shifting his responsibilities to the maintenance shop full time. Here, he will support our missionaries overseas as he gains additional experience in maintenance.)
- Pray for wisdom as we discuss with leadership where God would have us serve.
- Pray that we would honor the Lord as we look ahead to finances in the next year and that He would begin preparing the hearts of more teammates to jump on board with us!
- Please continue to pray for wisdom as we strive to shepherd our boys well.