Yes, I’m home again! Jetlag, a broken car door, a dead lawn mower and weed whacker, and 100+ emails in my inbox… all waiting eagerly to welcome me home. 🙂 But I feel like I am slowly merging back into the rush-hour traffic called the USA. PNG seemed like a leisurely drive in the countryside by comparison!
For those of you who have not been able to follow my trip to PNG on Facebook, you can praise God with us for an excellent and profitable trip. It’s hard to summarize six weeks of travel and meetings so I will just highlight how God specifically answered your prayers:
- Janet—she did fine. While I was gone, she finished the rough draft translation (into English) of my book about Satan and several other projects.
- Good health—For the most part I felt great, even in spite of living off of mostly Beef Crackers and water for a few days. (Memories of Janet’s fried chicken don’t really help at times like that). My voice held up great.
- Safety—16 airplanes, (inc. 1 floatplane), dozens of vehicles, 1.2 billion potholes, a few landslides, detours on logging roads…but still in one piece. God is a great driver.
- New Bible training possibilities in PNG— I met with lots of leaders around the country who are very keen to get something going. Keep praying for new possibilities.
- New avenues for distributing the books around PNG—This was the most encouraging. God had me “bump into” two very influential men from other Christian organizations who want to promote our books around the country. One would be through airplanes in remote locations and another through Christian bookstores around the country. PTL!!
Here are several other ways God’s word is getting out through the books:
- Fellow missionaries Jim Tanner and Greg Greenlaw are teaching hundreds of pastors around the country how to use the Bible study books. This has been a great open door.
- Jim and others are teaching the word in prisons with powerful results.
- Many PNG national missionaries are teaching around the country with great success.
- Some Christian radio stations have started broadcasting the lessons around the country.
- Some Bible teachers and pastors have been using the lesson books to teach RI (religious instruction) classes in public schools around PNG. A great opportunity.
- God did over and above all that we could ask or even think. And if we started talking about lives being changed by God’s Spirit…well, we’d be here a while. I can’t wait to hear all those stories when we really get ‘home’ (to Heaven). I’ll let the Lord tell those.
THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH for praying and being part in our ministry!
Gordon and Janet Wohlgemut