Are you missing the everyday grace in your life?
I’ve been teaching at church about walking in grace, and we keep going back to the very first lesson:
- Look around and see the signs that God is pouring out his grace and mercy and love on you.
- Pay attention to God’s everyday grace.
- Seize it – grab hold of it by making time to appreciate it; respond to it.
We tend to take the evidence of God at work in our lives for granted. And that’s why I’ve taken the time to show you what you’ve been part of through our ministry last month:
- Providing help for earthquake and tsunami victims
- Nudging thousands of college students toward missions
- Giving more than 20,000 people an opportunity to take part in Bible translation
Julie and I are pouring our lives into God’s work, and because of your involvement, God credits it to your account. (Philippians 4:17)
And I’m offering you opportunities to give because I have gifts for you:
- I’m offering you the opportunity to grow in generosity (Titus 3:13-14)
- I’m offering you a way to give God a portion of what He has entrusted to you (1 Corinthians 9)
- I’m giving you an avenue to grow in faith by giving generously while trusting God to take care of you (2 Corinthians 8)
- I’m presenting you with a way you can fulfill God’s command to be as involved at the ends of the earth as you are here (Acts 1:8, 3 John 8)
You have these opportunities because Julie and I are willing to serve God with our whole lives. We’ve been willing to leave home and give up a good career and part from family and endure hardships. Now, honestly, we don’t do it for you. We do it for God. But you’re already benefitting, and you can benefit even more.
Will you seize this opportunity? Will you please grab hold of this, appreciate it and respond?
Pray: Thank you again for praying about our financial situation. We received $100 toward our immediate needs of $3,500 in October. Please pray that God burdens the hearts of His people – not so that He can take away from them, but because He desires to bless them and grow them. Pray that they respond and are blessed.
Give: We came out of October with $3,400 in unfunded needs, and expect another $400 in unfunded needs this month, bringing our immediate needs to $3,800.
A gift of any size to our ministry allows us to:
- Give people opportunities to be part of God’s work around the world
- Raise funds for dozens of Bible translations
- Challenge college students to get involved in church planting among unreached peoples
- Assist with disaster relief
And more. Would you please consider a year-end gift to our ministry so we can drive forward into 2019?
You can send a check, with a note that it is for the ministry of Ian and Julie Fallis, to Ethnos360, 312 W. First St., Sanford, FL 32771. Or you can make a secure gift online.
Learn: I shared with you some reasons giving is good for you. There are more. Here are seven reasons to give.
Leave a Reply