“Hello”, one last time from the Sepik! I hope that everyone had a fun celebration of Canada Day or Independence Day! We celebrated both days by doing a lot of packing as we get ready to move to the Highlands of PNG next week!! On July 4th Jacob’s 4-wheeler flew up to the Highlands on the NTM Kodiak. Jacob had to take off one back tire, and then it just fit into the plane! We are getting excited to head up to the Highlands to start our new ministry as the Guesthouse Managers!
Thank you for all your prayers as we worked through the decision making process of the guesthouse ministry! We continue to see God going before us as we take steps to finish well here… Jacob working on the house rebuild from foundation to roof and siding and now he is helping install the electricity in the house! Beth has finished homeschooling Jonathan through a year of kindergarten. Now Jonathan enjoys reading! We have passed on our responsibilities to our co-workers, as there are just a few days until our flight to the Highlands on July 10th!
Please pray for each of us as we make this transition from our home in the Sepik for the last 6 years, to a new home in the Highlands for the next almost 10 months. Pray for good transitions into ministry as well as good transition for Jonathan starting school in August. And wisdom as we help Naomi adjust to a new schedule for her as well. Please pray for good friends for our children too.
Thank you for your prayers, God continues to work in so many ways! And we are thankful that we get to be a part of it!
- Jacob’s leg continues to get workouts during the house build! Soon, roller hockey workouts in the Highlands!
- Many people helped in the house rebuild and everyone stayed safe… no one was hurt while building the roof!!
- We are making great progress in packing… Jacob’s 4 wheeler made it safely to the Highlands on the NTM Kodiak airplane yesterday!
- A God who sent His Son to die for our sins and rose him up so that we could have daily life abundantly and REST in Him!
- God’s continued provision for our needs moment by moment!
- Jacob’s leg– for complete healing.
- Finishing well here and packing all the last minute things.
- Hope Sharp, co-worker, as she returned the US for home assignment and possible retirement. We miss her!
- Provision of funds for our move -shipment of our 4 wheeler and boxes and as we fly to next week as well.
- That we would remember that God holds everything together including us! And He is working all around us!
- Continued peace about our move to the Guesthouse and wisdom for our new ministry.
- Rest in God as we enjoy being parents!
- God would continue to raise up more missionaries to come to the PNG and bring the Gospel to those who have never heard it their own heart language.
- More laborers to minister to the Bena people.
- David Lee continues to teach the Bena in Upper Bena, where David and Wendy Lee used to live, pray for more Bena brothers and sisters in Christ!
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!