Have you ever wondered if God could use you to impact the world? Have you ever asked the question:
“How can I be a part of God’s grand plan of reaching all nations, tribes, and tongues with the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ?”
Many people, like myself, often think that they are too insignificant or incapable of such a task. And this is true! We cannot do this apart from God working in and through us. But God is primarily using us, His people, as agents, ambassadors, disciples, messengers, and servants as the instruments to carry the Good News to places that have never heard it before.
God works the same today as he did in Isaiah’s day:
“And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?’ Then I said, ‘Here I am! Send me.'” (Isaiah 6:8)
9 DAYS LATER…
There are people from all stages of life seeing the need and obeying God’s command to go unto all the nations! It is encouraging to see others giving up their comforts and plans to join God in His grand plan.
We had the opportunity to attend NTM’s orientation in Sanford, FL for 9 days, where we and 18 other individuals came together to begin our ministry with New Tribes Mission.
It was an incredible time of learning about God’s plan for the nations, the truth of the gospel, fellowship, church planting, NTM’s values and expectations, and simply encouraging one another as we begin this new phase in our lives.
Now that orientation is complete, we are moving forward with support raising in hopes to begin our ministry as soon as the Lord allows. We cannot wait to begin serving, but at the same time it is such a blessing to be home in Alabama sharing life with family, church family and friends. God is good!
What is a Support Missionary?
Many are familiar with missionaries on the front lines, hiking into an unreached village, learning their language and culture, teaching God’s Word, translating the Bible into their language and establishing mature churches. In order for their ministry to be successful, they need to spend as much time as they can focusing on their specific task. How can they do this most effectively? They need other missionaries supporting them! They need accountants, bookkeepers, school teachers for children, superintendents, school directors, mechanics, carpenters, business managers, IT assistants and administrators, plumbers, electricians, groundskeepers, etc.
As these missionaries work together with the same goal of keeping the church planters, teachers, and translators focused on getting God’s Word in the hands of an unreached people group, their work can be as focused and unhindered as possible.
It is a team effort!
Can God use your skills to expand the reach of the gospel? YES!
Find out the need here:
What to Praise God for:
- Our orientation was successful and God thoroughly equipped us in that time.
- We have reached 25% of our support! This is a huge mark to reach and we can only thank God for providing and increasing our partners in ministry.
- Shepherd is a super healthy boy! Jasmine had a check-up Wednesday and all was well.
What to Pray for:
- We still have a ways to go with support. We need to reach at least 75% before we can head up to work at the Bible school. If you see God leading you to be a partner with us, feel free to contact us and we’d love to talk with you.
- Pray that we would continue to trust in the Lord and keep our focus on Him during this phase of ministry.
- Pray that God would even now prepare us for our ministry, our teams, staff and students at NTBI, as well as with various ministry opportunities here at home.
Jake and Jasmine Posey