“For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Eph. 2:8-10
Greetings from beautiful Dinangat! As the kids are on their final school break before the year end, we took this opportunity to scoot into the village for a couple more weeks of focused time in translation, time with the church and to prep our house and plans for our upcoming one year home assignment. We have come in to find a tired and struggling church body, and while it hurts our hearts to be leaving at this time, we are so encouraged and blessed with coworkers, the Schlegels, soon to be joined by the Smiths, who are also committed to the growth and discipleship of these brothers and sisters. Our prayer is that they will be strengthened by the Gospel, day by day, never losing the awe of His grace! We also know that in service to the Lord and one another we can see the Gospel lived out in daily and tangible ways, which encourages and inspires the soul. And so please join us in praying that many more in our Dinangat body would recognize their ability and responsibility to reach out to one another with His love, and be challenged to each DO their part in strengthening one another!
Less than 3 months! In less than 3 months we will Lord willing, be on our way home! We are full speed ahead with making plans, booking meetings, arranging schedules and logistics. Lord, give us wisdom! 🙂 As we look at all there is to do before us, we could get overwhelmed if we weren’t positive that our Loving God knows our needs even before we ask! We want to give you a glimpse at some of the things we’re asking the Lord for, and to ask you to pray with us and also consider if the Lord would chose you to help meet some of these needs.
• Plane tickets! We have purchased about half of the tickets we need, but still haven’t been able to purchase the second batch
• A second, small vehicle for Jeremiah to be able to go on some meetings when the family will need to stay behind for school
• Traveling expenses. We will be basing in Kansas, but traveling by car and plane to our supporting churches in Maine, Michigan, and many places in between!
• Wisdom in meetings as we seek to raise many more ministry partners in order to be able to return to the field in 2016. If you know someone or a small group who would be interested in knowing how to be a part of tribal missions in PNG, let us know!
• Please pray for our children as they make this huge transition! Jordan and Judah are teenagers now and will be going to the public schools in Augusta, KS. Alayna is 8 and will attend the Christian school in Wichita. While they are truly looking forward to many things, they will have MUCH to adjust to, and will be leaving behind friends and all that is familiar to them. Pray for God’s all sufficient grace to be evident in their hearts and minds!
Thank you so much for standing with us! We look forward to seeing many of you face to face SOON and sharing about what the Lord has done in the hearts and lives of the Dinangat church as well as ours!
For His Glory,
Jeremiah, April, Jordan, Judah and Alayna