Abraham Lincoln is quoted as saying, “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
There is great value in taking time to be sharpened, equipped, and refocused for the tasks God has called us to do. This guards us from becoming dull and ineffective. The annual Kuna leadership conference in Panama, held early in November is a “sharpening” time for the church leaders and their wives.
Some specific prayer requests:
- Preparation of Bible study materials in Kuna for our teaching sessions. Pray that we will communicate well the things God has laid on our hearts.
- Safety as everyone travels – some are coming from jungle villages on horribly muddy trails. Others from island villages traveling in canoes on the ocean to airstrips where they will fly in. Then there will bus trips to get to the little town where the conference is to be held.
- Provision of finances for conference, food, printing and travels, including our own personal travel expenses.
- That God’s Word will speak to all of us with transforming power – each of these church leaders will be given Bible study materials in Kuna that they can take back to their congregations and villages.
- For encouraging fellowship together – many of our Kuna brothers and sisters are serving the Lord in remote locations where they do not receive much encouragement. Many of them even face opposition for their faith.
- For wisdom as we present the upcoming new Kuna literacy program and teacher training to be held in 2012.
We appreciate and need your prayers!