Praise: 1. Good teacher’s training of 3 of the 4 women teachers. They have taken over teaching the women’s Bible Study on Tuesday nights and are doing a great job.
- Literacy is going well with 6 adults and 6 young children. Thankful for my two helpers.
- Heather got here – another great story of God’s provision.
- For our support team – physically, spiritually, prayer, and financial. We are truly blessed
Prayer: 1. Pray that the women Bible teachers won’t get discouraged and quit. Shame is a huge issue in this culture. They can quit over the smallest thing.
- Pray for our daughter Heather as she does have a heavy teaching load. Preparation keeps her busy. She is also involved in a discipleship program with the 7th & 8th grade girls along with two other women.
- Pray that the literacy students won’t get tired of coming and that they won’t get discouraged and give up.
- Pray for Ilai who is still in jail but soon to be transferred to a prison for about 8 months. One of the hardest things that we live with. Pray that he won’t become angry or bitter but that he will truly seek His Lord.
- Pray for our daughter-in-law, Katie (Darren’s wife) who is due early February. It has not been an easy pregnancy. We are excited to meet another grandchild. Pray for their future as they look to God’s timing for going to Thailand as missionaries.