Memorable moments from my first Christmas celebration here in Asia Pacific:
- Waking up at 3:30 am to join other believers in town for a candlelight worship service
- Breakfasting on chicken porridge and tofu with my neighbors
- Seeing my first “white” Christmas tree made out of chicken feathers. Very cool!
- Not exchanging Christmas cards…but Christmas sms greetings with friends, mechanics and anyone else that has my phone number.
- Church picnic with church friends to the beach to be totally rained out!
- Getting lost…that is a long story for another day, but oh so memorable!
- Lots and lots of rain. Not nearly enough coffee. Riding a bus for lots of hours you see.
So, Merry Christmas to all of you…wherever and however you celebrated the gift of His Son this year!! And, as one says here in Asia Pacific, “far from the eye, but close to the heart”….while missing all you friends & family that I couldn’t be with this year, I am still thankful that God allows you to be close to my heart! 🙂