A few weeks back we gathered together as two churches to celebrate 8 baptisms. It was a time of great rejoicing. Many of them were youth who had grown up in the church and were finally committing their life publicly to following Christ. However a few also had some encouraging stories of how God redirected their life to a different path than the family they grew up in. It is always encouraging to be reminded that God is at work even when I don’t always see it.
However one thing that stood out to me was of 6 baptisms for youth at our church, 3 of them talked about how Kids Camp had a huge impact on their walk with God. We have only been doing this camp for 3 years now and so this was encouraging to hear. It was incredible timing for me specifically as we are now in the throws of planning this years camp, It was a great reminder that the work is worth it and that it is impacting lives. We will be having our camp in 10 days. There are still so many details to work out. So would you be praying with us over the next few weeks. This is the only event done at our church completely for kids. We put it on ourselves and we are by no means experts at this. Yet despite our inadequacies God is working through it. In the past we have limited each village church to 5 kids per church. However this year one pastor told us that there is no way for him to limit it to 5 as the kids have been saving up all year to go and are ready. So after thinking about it we have agreed to take 10. It is exciting to hear, but also the more kids we have the more strain it is on our resources and staff. So bottom line…We Need God’s Strength!
Here is how you can be praying….
- Pray for Wisdom as we put the plans together for camp.
- Pray for all the details that still need to be done including the trip to market to buy all the food for the week.
- Pray for my boys as they go. This will be the first time Tyler is going and I know it will be a stretch for him in many ways.
- Pray for Joel’s mom and I as we will be going to help. Pray for us to be patient in the chaos and to have an abundance of Energy for the week.
- Pray for all kids who will be going to have ears that are ready to hear and for lives to be changed!