This month we watched 1 family and 2 singles complete their time in Dakar and move on to their next location. The family moved to a location 3 countries away where they will work in a really remote village among a people who are in need of Gods truth. We were there 2 years ago to greet them when they walked off the plane. Over the last year we have met with them monthly and watched as they struggled, changed and overcame many challenges. It was with mixed emotions that we sent them on.
- Sad to see them go
- Excited for the next step ahead
- Eager to see what God is going to do through them.
- Filled with awe at what God had done over the past few years in their lives
- Hopeful for what the next few years will bring them.
- Concerned for the trials and discouragements that are sure to come.
- Looking forward to the next opportunity we will have to visit them.
- Thankful for email that still allows us to stay connected.
- Filled with memorable moments from our time together.
We love helping receive people to our field and help them through the difficult transition to life here. However the reality of our ministry is that most move on locations far away to reach the people God has called them to. In some ways we are lucky to become connected to so many, but it is still never easy to say goodbye.