Summer’s Greetings from the Weeks, July, 2015
We trust you are all enjoying God’s goodness this summer. To those of you out west, sorry we can’t send you some of our excess water! We are still drying out from a couple weeks of flooding here in Missouri as the summer heat just got turned on! We are doing lots of debris cleanup along the lakefront here at our training center. I just spent two weeks out in North Carolina at CIT (Center for Intercultural Training) teaching IPA Phonetics and helping with parts of their Culture and Language teaching. I had the privilege of teaching 27 missionaries as well as a separate class for 3 high schoolers. CIT serves many cross-cultural workers from over 100 different sending agencies including Campus Crusade for Christ, Pioneers, Converge Worldwide, SIM, YWAM and United World Mission! I was also able to conduct consultation times with each missionary to go over the phonetic sounds of their future ministry language which included 15 various languages represented amongst the 28 missionaries!
These languages included Burundi, Hindi, Gonja, Swahili, Karamajong, Kurmanji, Japanese, Polish, and several others. Amongst the missionaries were 3 doctors, 2 nurses, 1 engineer, 1 construction worker and other ministries represented. I missed Father’s Day and drove back 850 miles July 4th arriving to an empty house as everybody had to work the July 4th weekend! We did all celebrate Father’s Day before I left and then Anna Marie and I were able to eat dinner out for our 25th wedding anniversary! We hope, Lord-willing, to take a special silver anniversary trip this fall in between teaching modules with New Tribes. This is also our 20th year anniversary serving with New Tribes Mission!
We had graduation here at the Training Center back in May and will be receiving our new group of students August 17th. I am including a DVD of some of our NTM students as they discuss the courses here and the challenges that lie ahead. Please watch the DVD; it’s only about 8 minutes long, less than most TV episodes!
Thanks so much for the vital part you play in our ministry of training others for overseas missions. Thank you for the sacrifices you make to help support us in this ministry. May the Lord continue to bless you for your sacrifices.
1. Safety in John’s travels to and from NC and his successful teaching there.
2. Celebrating 25 years of marriage and 20 years with NTM
3. Able to refinance house to take advantage of lower interest rates.
1. Please pray for Jonathan and Ruth Hukkeri as they begin ministry in northern central Asia. John had the pleasure of teaching them phonetics as they took an abbreviated course at the MTC. They are a family of four from central Asia.
2. For our children Kaitlyn, Grace, Paula and Kurt to each desire to walk with the Lord.
3. For Anna Marie and I to be able to take a 25th wedding anniversary trip this late fall as it fits with our schedule.
4. For Anna Marie as she continues to adjust to a new waitressing job this summer.
5. For increased support as we still hover around 60% recommended support. Our support decreased greatly when we returned from Asia-Pacific however our expenses remained the same and even increased here in the States.
Thanks again for you prayers and support,
In this together,
John, Anna Marie, Kaitlyn, Grace, Paula and Kurt
Please write to us or email so we can better stay in touch!
*I haven’t been sending out email updates as I have so few of your email addresses Please send your email address (just email me) so we can update our address list!