The MRI results are in. Jon’s two wounds are connected going around the bone and there is also “unhappy” muscle tissue inside. We hoped the muscle would turn fibrous but instead it has got pockets of dying muscle tissue because of the length of time his leg was in the tourniquet. This dying muscle tissue needs to be removed.
Jon’s muscle has also retracted a bit leaving just bone at the edge of his stump so he will need his bone to be cut shorter by a couple of centimeters to have better muscle coverage. This surgery can happen as soon this week.
Because it’s a potentially big surgery we have chosen to pray about whether we should go back to the USA to do the surgery or whether we should have the surgery done here in Australia. We want to do what’s best for Jon’s overall health.
Please pray with us friends as we decide how to proceed. We don’t make these decisions lightly! We’ve taken each step in this unknown territory of life called “amputation and beyond” before our Heavenly Father. So glad He guides us step by step!!
Tomorrow we get time with the Ortho doc to ask some more questions, Pray it will be fruitful.
Thank you all for praying and walking alongside us on our journey with each twist and turn. We are overwhelmed with your love and support for us!!
“But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’” (Matthew 19:26 NKJV)