Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification here we come! The kids are back in school and I, Jonathan, am hard at work studying for a series of 3 certification exams that will help me in my role with the NTM USA IT Department. As we realized that our family needed more time, stability and healing before returning to Senegal, the Lord opened the door for me to serve in ministry with the NTM USA IT Department as a Systems Administrator. When in comes to the area of computers there is always plenty to learn and we in agreement with our leadership believe that further training will help me in this ministry as well as being a wise investment for future ministry opportunities. I have been watching training videos online, reading, taking practice exams…rinse and repeat. 🙂
I took my 1st of 3 certification exams October 15th… and didn’t quite make it. I scored 682 and the cut off point is 700, which was a disappointment to say the least. A huge thank you to all of you who prayed for my exam and who took the time to send me notes of encouragement upon receiving the news that I had failed the exam. I am back at it hard studying and preparing, working at filling in the gaps as well as preparing for the other two exams. I love computers and technology, however this has been a challenge to get a grasp on TONS of new information. Please pray for me to be persistent and press into this challenging task!
- I am quite discouraged about this news.
- Wisdom in how to prepare for the next time around with this exam and the next 2 exams
- Good time management and focus in my studies
- When I purchased my exam registration I got a 15% discount for purchasing all 3 exams at once
- I purchased them under a free second shot option which means the next go around with this exam is paid
- I will have opportunity to hone my skills even more in order to be a better System Administrator in the end
- An opportunity to trust the Lord and get up again after a failure and move on
- A chance to experience God’s unconditional love, which seems to mean more to me when I have failed
- A wonderful support team who took time to write me encouraging words