Many families have an excellent Thanksgiving holiday tradition, as they are gathered around the Thanksgiving feast, of sharing with each other what they are thankful for. There are no other Americans within many miles of us here (and, by the way, no turkeys or hams or cranberry sauce either!), so we’ll take this opportunity to share what we are thankful for with you all.
- We thank God for those who have prayed for Yolanda’s health, and for God’s answer. She is feeling much better after her bout with what appears to have been the virus chikungunya.
- We thank God for our children and other family in the U.S. and Colombia:
- –For our son and his family, Colin and Megan and Judah, endeavoring to plant a church among the Nukaks of Colombia, South America.
- –For our son Cameron, faithfully serving our country, and for his soon departure from his service to begin college studies.
- –For our son and his wife, Colton and Ashton, working and serving the Lord in Michigan.
- We thank God for the group of Landuma boys who gather in our home each Tuesday and Thursday evening to play literacy games and study God’s Word.
- We thank God for the opportunity to translate God’s Word into the Landuma language, and to teach those who will listen of the wonderful love of God.
- We thank God for our coworkers on the Landuma team: Ans, Masalu, Abulay, Dan and Ginny.
- And for those playing support roles: Many here in Africa and in the States who provide valuable services to us to support our ministry.
- We thank God for more opportunities recently to share with Landumas and other Guineans why we are here, and to preach truth from God’s Word.
- We thank God for each of you who believe in what we are doing here, who pray for us, send us encouraging messages, and support this work with your finances. We couldn’t be here, being a blessing to the Landumas by bringing them God’s Word, if God’s people didn’t respond to His leading and become involved with us.
For we are laborers together with God. 1 Corinthians 3:9
- We thank God for a fairly good Internet connection, so we can send you these updates from our home, and for very affordable telephone service, allowing us to keep in “voice touch” with our kids and other family and friends.
Thank you for praying for us and the work God has given us here, to be a blessing to the Landuma people. Thank you for the part you play.