Our coworkers Dan and Ginny Bryant and family just arrived in the village from their home in Senegal. They will be with us for several weeks.The focus of the Bryants’ time here will be running the 4-week summer school program for 4th-6th grade kids. And the focus of the summer school will be the daily Bible class, in which we will endeavor to give the kids a solid foundation of Bible truth, taught in their heart language.
The kids will also receive instruction in French (on which their government schooling is based), math, and art. And there will be lots of fun extra-curricular activities as well.The Landumas really want their kids to do well in the government school they
attend. So they are happy that we are helping them with their academic subjects.
Most of these kids do not know the Lord, and their families adhere to the dominant religion here which is antagonistic to the Gospel. So we really need you to:
- PRAY for Masalu, Kirk, and Dan as we teach the kids, that we can
communicate a lot of truth in an interesting way in a limited amount of
- PRAY that God would work mightily to enlighten hearts to His truth.
- PRAY that the kids would develop a real conviction of the truths of God’s
holiness, their sinfulness, and their need of the Savior Jesus for eternal
life with God – the purpose for which we were created.
- And PRAY that they would tell their families what they learn from God’s
Word. Coming to help teach the kids is a couple from France, Sylvain and Laura.
- Please PRAY for them as they prepare for this ministry trip (they arrive
- And PRAY that their experience is a blessing to them as they are a
blessing to the Landuma kids and the rest of us.