- Christ followers to embrace God’s vision of reaching the whole world, pursuing Him and His goals.
- Transitioning as a family with Noel.
- Managing a new homeschool year with challenging course work, extra-curricular activities and attitudes.
- Wisdom in next steps for our family and our role in reaching the Deaf in southern Asia.
- Financial support/increased partners.
- That our family would grow in our relationship with God and each other.
- IT personnel is very limited at the Home Office in Sanford. Praying that God will encourage IT professionals to respond and serve with Ethnos360.
- Noel seems to have bonded very quickly and naturally with us. We know this is a huge answer to prayer. Bonding and attachment, however, isn’t a onetime occurrence. It takes time, intentionality and many times stepping out of what is comfortable and easy to accommodate another person (whom we are still getting to know each day).
- Language learning is happening every day! This is also a praise report as Noel was not a fan of learning language, the first few weeks. She seems to be making connections between sign language and communication. Wisconsin has a great help called the Deaf Mentor program. We are excited to become paired with a Deaf Mentor, soon, who can work one on one with our family to acquire more American Sign Language.
- Noel has had some initial hearing test screenings performed. They were inconclusive as language and culture prevented a true test reading. She will be scheduled for an Auditory Brainstem Response test soon which will give a more thorough understanding of the range of hearing loss and possible root causes. We continue to ask for prayer for wisdom as parents to make the best decisions for Noel in response to the outcome of her testing.