Team Bicket Thanksgiving Praise and Prayer
“And GIVE THANKS for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ!” -Ephesians 5:20
As Thanksgiving approaches we have been thinking about all of the ways that God has provided for us throughout this year. His goodness and care for us is truly overwhelming. Following is a list of some of our praises from this past year beginning around a year ago up until now, and we’d love for you to thank Him with us!
- For a great medical trip to Sydney, Australia for Kelli’s health. We were able to schedule and see two specialists and perform all of the diagnostic testing in only two weeks.
- We are thankful that Kelli wasn’t diagnosed with a degenerative or terminal disease.
- We are thankful for amazing co-workers in PNG that supported our family with meals, money, and encouragement while we were still in PNG during Kelli’s worst months.
- It was a huge blessing to have Grandpa and Grandma B. in PNG to help with taking care of the kids most afternoons while Kelli’s health was rapidly declining.
- We are thankful for really great ticket prices and phenomenal excess baggage rates for our extra bags when we came back to the States.
- We are so thankful for Kelli’s Aunt and Uncle, who opened up their home to our family of 5 for a few months while we found a place of our own. And that Kelli’s Mom came to be with us and help support us during that time of transition.
- We are very thankful to have a great place to live here in Arizona.
- We are thankful for a great deal on a minivan that we bought from my cousin and we are thankful for our little Civic that a supporter purchased for us. Amazing!
- We had a great trip to Colorado Springs, and we are so thankful for the counseling that we received. We stayed with wonderful friends that not only provided sweet fellowship and fun for our kids but also free housing and food for us. Also, two supporters helped us pay for hotels, gas, and the counseling, making the trip entirely free of cost for us!
- We are thankful for great schools for our boys to attend and that they have both adjusted very well.
- We are thankful for the extra support gift from a supporter that was the exact amount we needed to treat a termite infestation in our house.
- We are thankful for great doctors that both Kelli and I have spent a lot of time with this fall.
- Although we are disappointed in not finding a “magic pill” or procedure to fix Kelli’s everyday ongoing headaches in the field of Neurology, we are thankful to have ruled out a lot of potential causes and cures. (We now know that she has an Intractable Chronic Tension Type Headache and Fibromyalgia, which are commonly interconnected.)
- After trying numerous drugs and procedures this past year, of which none have helped, we are thankful to have found new therapies that have been helping Kelli’s health move in the right direction. She has physical therapy twice a week and sees a counselor once a week. Over the past month and a half, we feel like we have actually been gaining ground on Kelli’s health for the first time, and we are so thankful for the professionals that are helping us.
- Kelli’s therapies over the past 7 weeks have been a lot of hard work for her, but with encouraging results! She will be continuing this therapy schedule up until Christmas, so please be praying for her and us as we support her in getting the treatment she needs. Pray that she would continue to make huge strides in her health.
- Please continue to pray for us as we continue to seek God for how much to be involved in ministry with Ethnos360 Aviation vs taking care of our medical needs.
We are so thankful for our Team, and we have been reminded over and over this year of God’s faithfulness and His love and care for our family through you guys! Thank you all so very much!
“We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you.” (Colossians 1:3)
May you have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas season as you celebrate the birth of our precious Savior,
Mike, Kelli, Javan, Tiras & Hope
Mike got to reconnect and work with one of our PNG mechanics while he was visiting Ethnos360 Aviation in McNeal, AZ.