As soon as we know what region we will be serving in long-term, we will call our family in Seattle to get the crate to the port of Seattle to be shipped to PNG. (We’re praising God that we are so blessed to ship it directly out of Seattle! How convenient to live here? Yeah…)
We’re working on packing our luggage for Madang (for the next 6+ months of life), and sorting out the rest of our miscellaneous…. “stuff” (there really is no better term for it than that: “Stuff”. It feels good to get rid of it!).
As anticipated, below is our mailing address (and some instruction) for the next few months in PNG. We’ve heard that a package will usually take 2-3 months.
If you’d like to send a care package, PLEASE contact us first- directly, or through our families, in order to learn of specific needs or wants, and clarify any questions about filling out the customs form.
Our mailing address:
**We decided it is better to not include the address here. Feel free to contact us directly if you’d like to mail something!
Via the USPS, the options and estimated arrival times are:
- Express: takes 10-14 days, sometimes longer.
- First Class (airmail): about the same as Express, sometimes longer.
- Box Flat Rate: about the same as Express, sometimes longer. For USD $37.00 you can fit all you want into a 11″ X 8.5″ X 5.5″ USPS box, 20 lb. maximum.
- Mark the package: “for missionary use only”
- While not being deceptive, be as generic and general as possible. For example, instead of writing “shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shavers” you can just write “personal hygiene items.” While there is no guarantee what will be inspected and charged customs, this has shown to be helpful in the past. (Be sure all items in the package are covered under your general descriptions.)