The gospel of John in the Loron language
Over the past few months we have been in Northern Ireland producing various teaching materials and printing Scripture portions in the Loron language. We plan to go to West Africa in October for another two-month visit to the Loron people.
A brief update on some of the things we’ve been doing recently…
- Literacy Marina has almost completed preparing literacy courses and materials needed for teaching in twenty Loron literacy centres.
- Scripture A few days ago some of our grandchildren came to help us put together a hundred copies of the book of John in Loron which we plan to bring to Ivory Coast in a couple of weeks. We received some encouraging news last week when Pastor Donald, the main Loron Bible translator, telephoned to let us know that the book of 1st Corinthians is almost ready to be checked by a Bible translation consultant. We thank the Lord for the continued progress in the getting more Scripture into the hands of the Loron believers.
- Bible Commentaries I’ve been working on a commentary and lessons, in the Loron language, for the book of Romans. When we return to the village I need to check the content with one of the Bible teachers, and also do the final checks on the commentary for Ephesians which is almost ready for printing. We trust that these resources will be a help to the Loron church elders and Bible teachers as they lead and feed their flocks.
Please be praying for our trip back to West Africa on October 6.
We have several things we would like to see accomplished during this visit:
- Import our pickup truck from Burkina Faso into Ivory Coast.
- Help with the final checks of 1st Corinthians before the consultant check
- Final corrections to the commentary on Ephesians before printing
- Work on Romans lessons in preparation for a one-week teacher-training seminar early next year.
- Visit bush churches and literacy classes to help and encourage where we can.