This past week our family was able to go to the Ark Encounter built by Answers in Genesis in northern Kentucky. What a blessing it was to be able to see a life-size replica of the Ark that God told Noah to build! It was huge! What amazes me the most about the Ark is that it was God’s means of salvation from the flood for those who would believe Him. Noah and his family were saved from the flood as God provided the instructions for the boat that would save them and God shut them in, preserving them from destruction. Noah believed God and God saved. I’m thankful for how God has provided His Son, the Lamb of God, to be our salvation from the destruction that we deserve and how Jesus is our means to have our relationship with God restored. That’s something to praise God for! As we look ahead to our future ministry in Papua New Guinea, we can’t wait to bring the message of salvation to a people who have no idea how much God loves them and how much He desires a relationship with them. As we get closer to our monthly financial support need (currently we’re at 63% as of mid-July) and as we come closer to our target date to move to PNG (January 2017), it is becoming more and more real that one day, Lord willing, He will use us to be part of seeing a church established among those who are currently unreached! What a privilege we have and thank you to those of you that are going along with us on this journey as part of our team as you pray and give!
We Want Your Photos! Please send a family photo to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can update our address book! Thank you!
What have we been up to? At the end of May, we returned to Vermont after our medical class in North Carolina to again pick up where we left off connecting with churches and friends and seeing God raise up some to partner with us in ministry. In early June, Paul had the opportunity to give the commencement address at United Christian Academy’s graduation. UCA is the school that he graduated from, Ellen taught at and the three boys attended. We’re so thankful for our time with family and friends in Vermont! On June 17th we left Vermont to begin an 8 state, almost 3 month journey through the Midwest. Praise the Lord, we’ve had great visits with churches and friends in Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Ohio. What an encouragement and joy it is to get to meet so many different parts of the body of Christ!
Prayer and financial support update: Praise the Lord that we currently have 172 different individuals and churches signed up as our prayer partners! I know that number doesn’t even come close to all those who are praying for us! Thank you! Praise the Lord, our financial support is currently at 63% for our monthly needs in PNG! God is supplying in amazing ways! If you’d like to become one of our financial partners please e-mail us, call us 802-624-3368 or visit https://swensontribe.wordpress.com/give.
Prayer and Praises:
- Praise the Lord with us for how He is continuing to provide both financial and prayer partners. Moving to Papua New Guinea is feeling more and more real all the time!
- Pray that God would complete building our support team by the end of September.
- Praise the Lord that we’ve had a great summer road trip and time as a family.
- Pray that we would continue to be able to clearly share our vision for ministry with the many churches and individuals that we will be seeing in the next few months. Currently we are in Ohio until late July then we’ll be moving to Indiana for the month of August with short trips to Illinois, Iowa and Michigan. We’ll travel to Michigan for the first week of September before returning to Vermont.
- Pray for other families and friends preparing to move to PNG and other countries this year as well as people entering the training centers this fall.
Go here to see our Amazon wishlist to help us with our PNG packing. If you buy items elsewhere, please e-mail me so I can take them off the list! Thanks!