What are we up to?
We have been here over-seeing the center while our co-workers have been away on break or home assignment. During the past month or so we’ve been able to do a lot of different projects around the center as well as just keep things going in general. Ellen has been able to spend a lot of time with her friends as she practices Tok Pisin and readies herself for another evaluation at the end of this month. However, what she is most excited about are these close friendships with PNG women that she has been praying for. We’ve also had the blessing of experiencing our first Christmas in PNG which included a candlelight Christmas Eve service. It was pretty awesome to be sitting there holding a candle and be able to look up and see lighting bolts shooting across the sky. What a joy to be able to worship with our brothers and sisters in Christ here. We’ve entered 2018 now and are coming up on one full year here in PNG! This week we’ll be welcoming two new families to PNG and 2 church planter interns. We’re looking forward to working alongside our co-workers here to help orientate these new families to the field. We’ll be here at the field orientation center through this orientation program and during this time we will continue to dialogue with the team that, if the Lord wills, we will join. It’s exciting to think that later this year we could be at a point where we would be house building and moving out to the bush to begin learning language number 2! Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support as you’ve been with us during this first year in PNG!
- God answered our prayer about finding a specialist for Emmanuella in Australia. We’ll be traveling there in April for that appointment.
- For the new families that are arriving here in PNG to be part of what God is doing building His church here!
- For the opportunity to be involved in teaching the Bible study and being part of the local church here. Please be praying for that too!
- For wisdom and strength as we help lead this next orientation time. We will be wearing many hats for the first month.
- For the new families that are coming to field that they would adjust well as families and be able to learn the language and culture well as they prepare for ministry here in PNG.
- For more laborers…there is so much that God is at work doing through His church here, but there is still need for more workers.
- For Ellen and I as we continue to dialogue with the church planting team that we are thinking of joining. Our prayer is that God would continue to open those doors if that is where He wants us. It is after all, all about what HE is doing!
- For Ellen as she will be having another language evaluation at the end of this month.
- Please pray for the kids as Noah and Sam have had different rashes and slight sickness over the past couple of weeks. We’re so thankful for the good health that we have had most of the time!