We made it to Michigan just less than two weeks ago now! We are settled in to the house we are renting and are enjoying our time around family and friends. Neither one of us have lived by any family at all since being married so this is especially nice to have them so close by! It has also been really nice to have a change of pace and be in a different setting…with better shopping, cheaper groceries and deer in the backyard!
As you might be aware of, one reality for us working with NTM is that our jobs are not paid positions. We are supported by churches and individuals who are passionate together with us about what we are doing. Part of what do sometimes means taking time out to connect with those that support us and update them on how things are going. It also means looking for new ministry partners to support us and stand together with us. This is a big need we have right now and we’re just really praying that our time here in Michigan would be profitable as we take time out to do these things. To be honest, it can be awkward and discouraging sometimes. But then we remind ourselves that this is God’s thing and has little to do with us and we can rest in that knowing He will be faithful.
Here are a few things you can be praying about:
- for opportunities to share here in Michigan
- for increased financial support
- that we would get at least one church here in Michigan to stand behind us as we currently don’t have any
- for good health while we’re here so we can maximize the time we have
- for faith to believe that God will provide…sometimes it can get discouraging
- for Carly’s Grandma as she is not doing well recently
- for our car situation as it just went in to the shop with a serious issue that we’re hoping can be solved