Since finishing foundational Bible teaching, there are some Nahuatl ladies who are believing in Christ! We have begun to meet as a church together with the previous believers, Milo and Agustina. It has been so exciting to see many “firsts” of the Nahuatl church in Las Moras –
- The women being bold to pray out loud in front of the others
- Singing praises to God in a culture that doesn’t sing unless they are drunk
- Concern for their unbelieving family members and others in the community
- Inviting their family members to come hear God’s Word
- Showing their faith in God by not going to the witchdoctor with others from their family
This picture is from a few Sundays ago. Since we started meeting as a church, there have been a few new attendees who are coming to hear God’s Word despite not having come to any previous teaching. They are not believers yet, but definitely are interested in knowing what it is all about!
We started having a separate meeting with the kids on Sundays so their moms could focus on the Bible teaching instead of trying to keep their kids in their seats, quiet, and not disturbing others. It has been successful in that the women have had uninterrupted time in the Word and the kids are hearing God’s truth as well as doing fun activities. Each week attendance has grown for the Children’s Class and some kids have even been coming by themselves without any parent accompanying them.
So, would you pray with us for the young Nahuatl church?
- Please pray for the salvation and spiritual growth of the kids of Las Moras.
- Please pray for the believers to grow in their faith and be bold witnesses for Christ.
- Please pray for the young Nahuatl believers that they would rely on the Holy Spirit and His Word for encouragement and growth in truth.