Sean practicing soldering in Missionary Tech Lab!
We learned a lot about using solar power in the bush and energy conservation, water filtering, appliances for bush living,
and much more!
We decided on a field: Papua New Guinea!
Last week, we had the opportunity to meet leaders from many fields where New Tribes Mission works around the world. Although we were heavily leaning towards going to Papua New Guinea already, we have decided to officially commit and announce our plans to head there in the summer of 2015! Papua New Guinea is in the Asia Pacific region near Australia. The field has 13 high priority tribes they are looking to head into as soon as they have missionaries! They have an additional 40 people groups they will be surveying soon to see if they will be good for future missionaries to move to! Exciting stuff!
Exciting Classes here at the Missionary Training Center!
This semester has been amazing! We just finished several awesome classes, such as Field Health class, where we learned how to handle common tropical health issues such as malaria, skin infections, and first aid. We are also taking Grammar class which teaches us how other foreign languages structure their verbs and nouns so that we can be aware of this when learning a language that is unknown to outsiders. We also completed Families in Ministry class and learned a lot about home school curriculums available for our children’s education out on the field! Each class gets us more excited about our final destination!
Sean and Jinny Richards
Zeke is 15 months now! Classes we are currently in (and a few we just finished):
- Ministry Partnership Development (fund raising), Families in Ministry, Field Health, Public Speaking, & Grammar.
- Animism (belief & world view of tribal people), Folk Religion, Romans 12-14, Biblical Peacemaking, Culture and Language Methodology
- Healthy pregnancy and delivery for our son due June 29th!
- Diligence in finishing our 2nd semester here at MTC!
- Strengthening relationships with people from our outreach ministries.
- Preparing the hearts of the tribal people we will be living with in a few years.
- Pray for open doors for both of us, or just Sean, to visit Papua New Guinea before we move there as a family in 2015.
- Easter Break- March 28th-April 1st: Sean’s family will visit MTC for the first time!
- April 26th-Visitors from Cornerstone Bible Fellowship in Sherwood, AR!
- May 23rd-Our last day of classes for the semester!
- May 24th-June 10th-in Central Arkansas visiting family and friends and Jinny will be in a good friends wedding.
- June 10th-?- We will be waiting the birth of our baby in Missouri since we already have a doctor here
- July 2nd-Aug 15th (depending on baby!) -Fayetteville, AR catching up with friends and supporters!
- August 15th-start our last full-time semester of training! (not including Sean’s optional semester of Linguistics specialization)