Here are a few commonly asked questions concerning our support. We hope you find them helpful!
Q. Do you guys get paid to do what you do?
A. Yes and no. We do not get a salary from Ethnos360. Ethnos360 is a “faith-based mission,” which is another way of saying that Ethnos360 missionaries are on their own when it comes to their paychecks. We DO however, receive financial support from individuals and churches. These are, obviously, extremely cool people, and they are hugely valued members of our ministry team.
Q. How much do you make each month?
A. This one is tricky to answer, because when you compare our monthly support with an average American’s salary you are not comparing apples to apples. Our support is used to cover expenses that are not reflected in a typical pay stub, and that most people never have to think about. For example, our support covers our medical insurance, both sides of our social security tax, and income taxes. Our monthly support also covers our travel from our home country to our host country, any aide projects that we undertake with nationals, and in our case, helicopter flights into our location bringing food and supplies.
Q. I would like to support you, but I don’t have much money. What can I do?
A. First off, not all support is monetary. We greatly appreciate those who regularly lift up our family and our ministry before our Father in prayer! Secondly, God asks us to give out of what He has given us. He’s given some people more and some less. We have people donating towards our ministry anywhere from $10 per month to several hundred. How you choose to involve yourself is between you and the Lord.
Q. You never answered my question earlier about how much support you get. Well?!
A. Boy, you’re nosy. 😉 Our monthly budget breaks down something like this (though it fluctuates month to month): Business Expenses: $2,300, Ministry Expenses: $1,900, Living Expenses: $1,100. That puts us at roughly 75% of our recommended support level. And, to be honest, our “income” is often a few hundred dollars short of those numbers.
Q. Where does most of your support come from, churches or individuals?
A. Far and away, individuals. Individuals make up 87.5% of our monthly support, with churches covering the other 12.5%.
Give online to Seth and Rochelle Callahan through Ethnos.ca/Give.
Receipts valid in Canada only. All donations through Ethnos Canada qualify for an official receipt for income tax purposes. Donation receipts issued by Ethnos Canada are only valid in Canada.
Other Ways to Give
Set up Monthly Pre-Authorized Debits from your bank account.
To give by phone using a credit card, call 844-855-6862.
PO Box 707
Durham ON N0G 1R0
Make your cheque payable to “Ethnos Canada” and include a note that says your gift is for Seth and Rochelle Callahan’s ministry.
Tax-deductible receipts are valid only in the USA. Contact us for information about tax-deductible receipts for other countries.
Other Ways to Give
Set up monthly Electronic Funds Transfers from your bank account.
To give by phone using a credit card or debit card, call 866-547-2460.
312 W. First St.
Sanford, FL 32771-1231
Make your check payable to “Ethnos360” and include a note that says your gift is for this missionary’s ministry.