Here are a few prayer points to give you fuel for your prayers! We are getting our Christmas newsletter together and will be sending this out next week. There will be lots of photo’s and updates on the kids life.
- 1) Karis has a reasonably bad cold and is doing really well! This helps us see how she copes with infections and she is doing rather well. She is trotting around the house wrecking things, so we are on the right track!
- 2) For the continued labour of our team mates in PNG and the church plants of B and S. There is much interest both from Mengen and Tok Pisin speakers.
- 3) Praise God as 3 other villages actively asking for us to share the gospel with them. One of villages were previously very antagonistic to the gospel. A large scale measles outbreak has disillusioned villagers in the shamans powers. Sadly around 25 children and elderly died in one village; they are asking regularly for bible teachers to come and teach them about God.
- 4) We have had a letter back from Karis’s consultant team. They have endorsed our return to PNG and happy for us to return anytime after her next appointment in January. They have said she is at very little to know risk of needing any emergency care related to her operation and they believe she will cope with any infections as a normal child would. We are thinking of aiming at a return to PNG sometime this coming summer.
- Pray for us as we seek to get the right advice and information to our field leaders and Dr’s in PNG. Pray God would give us his wisdom as we come together in unity over the process of our return. We will be sending letters from our consultant team and churches in the coming week.
- Pray for Brus and Kamalus in particular, they are short on food and resources as they work in these new villages. Pray they will trust in God and the church in the main village would help them out more consistently.
- Pray for more bible teachers to be trained up; pray for faithfulness in their walks. We don’t have enough trained and mature teachers to send out to all of the villages that are asking for the gospel.
- Pray for our church planting team: Keri one of our main translators has had to go home permanently to look after her mother and Father. Our other team mates the Wrights will be going home earlier this coming January to look after their children who are all in Canada.
- Please pray for some projects Simon is involved in – CCC café conversion in our church / Logos weekend away ( teaching at a Student weekend) / teaching at the NTM reach conference in the new year / meetings at other churches. Pray that We can give our time and energy to these things in a productive and fruitful way.
Thanks for bringing all of this before our Saviour,
Simon, Annika, Nya, Noah and Karis