Four days until takeoff. Just think – by Tuesday I’ll be experiencing the 90s and sunny. And lots of French. And different sights, sounds, and smells, that will likely become “normal” after a while. I think that it’s such a big transition that I can’t even understand it from this side of the ocean. That’s probably all the better, since if I knew what these next few weeks and months have in store for me as I adjust to everything being new, I might not get on that airplane. So what have I been thinking about? The things that I know how to do to prepare and the fact that this is where God is continuing to lead me. Like Abraham, God hasn’t given me the whole plan. But He’s given me enough to take the first step.
Here are a few of the things I’ve been up to these last 2 weeks:
~ buying presents for my host family
~ making sure I have all the files and programs I need on my computer
~ spending time with friends and family
~ thinking about packing (the actual putting of things in suitcases isn’t done yet)
~ getting an international driver’s license
~ recovering from the flu
~ going to the dentist (it may be a while before I get to go again)
~ and much more
I’d appreciate your prayers as I leave on Monday for Burkina Faso!
Here are 5 specific ways you can pray:
1. For my preparations before I go – I still have things I need to get done
2. For my travel and my adjustments – a lot of my “unknowns” will become “knowns” very soon, whether I like the answers or not 🙂
3. For my host family – they will have to adjust to having me living with them!
4. For my parents – this will be a hard adjustment for them, too
5. For the tribe that I’ll eventually be working with – that God would be working in their hearts even before my team and I get there
Thanks so much for your prayers and support – I couldn’t do this without you! And just think – the next time you get an update like this from me I’ll probably be in Burkina Faso!
Love in Christ,