Our week away was so nice you guys!! It was so wonderful & relaxing!!! Sleeping in, watching movies, playing games, boating, fishing, tubing, paddle boarding. It was just what our little family needed. Time away. Just us. The boys loved every minute & definitely some good memories were made. Summer can’t end! For 2 days we […]
Quick update: Jon now has his Genium x-3 & his sleek black semi-permanent socket!!!! So very thankful God provided this great gift for Jon!!!!! We are also grateful to the guys working on our behalf to get everything lined up–Thanks prosthetic labs & Steve & Dan J for all of your hard work!! Now for […]
We took a road trip to KS City to see our sweet & dear friends we went through missionary training together with this week. We both served a short time overseas, came home on medical leave, living out of suitcases & on the road a lot. Yep, we both have crazy lives & when you have […]
After the Oshkosh Airshow, we came back to Rochester so Jon could get his socket (the fiberglass sheath that Jon’s stump rests in) remade at the prosthetic lab. His stump has shrunk quite a bit & he needs a smaller size now. It’s not unusual for the stump to change size & shape with […]
As you know Jon took his flight physical last week. It was like a regular checkup, but it was only the beginning of many steps in the process to get recertified to fly by the FAA. One step is the doctor needed Jon to take a neuro-psych test. After a traumatic accident with the amount […]
As I took pictures this week, I have a thankful heart. To me they say, “And life goes on!” Not too long ago all this seemed impossible: Jon’s good health, walking & now flying again. God did that. God answered our prayers. When I doubted, fretted, cried & worried, God would show me time & […]
Well it’s the end of May and we are down to one last appointment on Monday. No more appointments until July-hooray!! Don’t get me wrong, the doctors & PT & prosthetics folks have been great. Really impressed by them all! But it will be SO nice to get back to a “normal” life again. We feel […]
After prayer, considering options and talking with the doctor we've decided to head to Mayo in Minnesota, USA. Our insurance company is buying our tickets to leave on Wednesday the 18th.
Because it's a potentially big surgery we have chosen to pray about whether we should go back to the USA to do the surgery or whether we should have the surgery done here in Australia.
After seeing the plastic surgeon, we need an MRI to get a better look inside the stump. The doc said surgery is possible again to either sew up Jon's new wound or worse case scenario open up his stump and cut away any junk. We won't know how to proceed until the results come in.