Thursday night I picked Josh up at the airport – the first time he’s been home since the 15th of April – and Friday morning we hit the ground running once more. Our job is never finished, it seems. The next step in our process right now is collecting and filing the paperwork for our […]
After prayer, considering options and talking with the doctor we've decided to head to Mayo in Minnesota, USA. Our insurance company is buying our tickets to leave on Wednesday the 18th.
Because it's a potentially big surgery we have chosen to pray about whether we should go back to the USA to do the surgery or whether we should have the surgery done here in Australia.
After seeing the plastic surgeon, we need an MRI to get a better look inside the stump. The doc said surgery is possible again to either sew up Jon's new wound or worse case scenario open up his stump and cut away any junk. We won't know how to proceed until the results come in.