Dear Friends and Co-workers, January 2012
Greetings from hot and muggy Paraguay! Yes, we are in the middle of Summer here. We are thankful that God sent some rain our second day back and it stayed a bit cooler for a couple of days which helped us to adjust.
We just wanted to let you know that I am working on a letter to send to you by snail-mail, but since I don’t have a computer or printer yet, am hand writing all of our correspondence which will take me awhile and also the mail is slow and uncertain. We just found out that it costs two dollars now to send a letter from Paraguay to the U.S.A., so we will need to wait for whenever someone travels to the States and is willing to take packages of mail back for us. But I promise that I will get a “real” letter sent to you as soon as possible. 🙂
Nathan will be attending the Christian Academy here in Asunción. It is is English and our oldest daughter, Rachael graduated from there several years ago.
We are shipping our van from Florida and we just heard that the ship is scheduled to leave Miami tomorrow. When our vehicle arrives, we plan to make periodic trips interior to visit, teach and encourage our little Church at the Indian Colony, Tava Amboae where we worked during our last two terms.
Recalde Prayer and Praise
- We are so thankful for the time we were able to spend with our girls and grand babies during our time of Home assignment.
- For the privilege we had of serving our Lord for a year and a half at the NTM HOMES.
- For our safe trip back to Paraguay.
- God’s Faithfulness
- Please pray that our vehicle will arrive safely and quickly.
- Please pray that it will rain more here. The Paraguay river is very low right now because of the drought.
- Please pray for Nathan, as he adjusts to a new school and makes new friends.
- Please Pray for our four girls we left behind in the U.S.A. It’s not easy!
- Adjustment for us being stationed in Asuncion with new responsibilities helping with the mobilization work this term
- Please continue to pray for our little church out at the Indian Colony and for us to have wisdom in how to help and encourage them on an itinerant basis.
Thank you very much for your help and prayers!
In Christ’s Service,
Samuel and Tracy Recalde
New Tribes Mission
1000 East First St.