New Tribal Groups Hearing the Gospel!
We are here in Papua New Guinea for one reason only—to bring the gospel to tribal people. While we are not out in the bush ourselves, we enable others to be in the bush—just like you back home in the States enable us to minister here in the Business Office and the missionary school. What a privilege to hear of SO many tribal groups who are hearing the gospel this year! The Mali recently finished. The Pei, Amdu, Menya, Kadje, and others may start the first phase of teaching this year. In Iski, our good friends Jason and Nisae Williamson, along with their coworkers, are teaching this critical first phase of teaching right now as well. They are halfway through teaching chronologically from creation through to the giving of the law.
These are not only important foundational truths for the Iski people to understand before the teaching culminates with the death of the Messiah, but for the maturity of the future Iski church. This teaching could only start after years of learning the heart language of the Iski people, learning how they think and what they believe on a worldview level, and months of literacy and lesson preparation. What a huge job and what a great privilege to bring God’s eternal truth to these people in remote places in the bush of Papua New Guinea.
This is why we’re here. This is why we are spending our lives enabling these tribal groups to be out in the bush. What else could we do with our lives but to serve the One who gave us ours?
Praise and Prayer
- We would like to break our four year term in half by coming home for 8-9 weeks this summer. Please pray with us to be able to do this!
- We have several household needs—a washing machine, a better hot water system, & a stove. Please be in prayer with us for these provisions!
- Each of our kids is struggling in different areas. We ask prayer for wisdom & consistency on our part!
- Stacy’s TMJ has been acting up a lot lately, causing almost constant pain. Please pray she can find the best medicine and therapy to help, as she does need to talk quite a bit every day!
- Aaron went to the capital city of Port Moresby again this last week to meet with more government officials. Praise the Lord for the two groundbreaking decisions last year in favor of our work here in PNG! We hope and pray that God would continue to give us favor in the eyes of this government as we facilitate tribal church planting here in PNG.
Some recent pictures of Kobe, Kiera, and Kaili! See more recent pics on Facebook!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.