What is the future of the Guahibo Church?
In the Vichada state region…
- The teaching is continuing in some of the Indian communities. We are thankful for the financial provision to print and send much material for teaching. Some believers want to participae in teaching others in their villages as well as accompanying their leaders when going “to the regions beyond.”
Casanare region in Northern Colombia…
- José Arturo, his wife Janeth and family are going soon to live there and evangelize the Guahibos of that region.
During the recent time of teaching we as a team had out in the tribal area, we had the privaledge of praying for and entrusting their lives in the hands of a group of leaders. We thank the Lord for the means to move he and his family to this new place. A national church near where Jose Arturo will be living, is going to help them in different ways. This church has seen the great need that those Guahibos have to listen to God. This national church has tried to evangelize in Spanish but there has not been an interest.
The Orinoco region…
- Birgilio and Alex and their families have been missionaries in this area. Now they are away from that area meeting the needs of their children. Also they are involved with the Raya church where they live. However, they will be making periodic trips to continue the teaching in the next number of months in the Orinoco region. Let’s pray for these brethren and all that this implicates for them.
In the Guaviare region….
- There are a great number of believers in this region who want to learn how to teach the “Firm Foundation” teaching in order to evangelize other Guahibos in the area. We would appreciate your prayers to meet the finances of this trip. A group of leaders, including Alberto Gonzalez, are ready to GO. However, due to lack of finances, we have not been able to go yet and meet the need of this invitation and our plans, God willing, is to go in July.
In the region of Planas, State of Meta
- There is still a necesity for a missionary team in this area. There are many needs and opportunities there. We presented this need to the Guahibo church. Please continue to pray that some believers will respond to this great challange and that God would encourage them in considering not only the cost but the great privaledge to serve Him.
Rejoicing in what God is doing,
Alberto Gonzalez for the Guahibo Team